Shinning Light Prenatal Education: Confident Birthing Class
I recently had the opportunity to photograph Deena Blumenfeld's Confident Birthing class. I don't think I've been to Lawenville since a Trader Joes opened in Mt. Lebanon and really enjoyed being back in the urban area again. Deena is unique and friendly, and has really great tips to share with her students in a very comfortable environment. I photographed the class during the positioning to facilitate the normal progress of labor and birth and massage techniques to ease the pain of labor and to enhance relaxation. I was surprised to find the time pass so quickly as the class was fast paced and informative with tips that I found helpful even after having had three newborn babies of my own! I'd definitely recommend this class to any couple expecting a newborn baby. Learn more about Shinning Light and Deena Blumenfeld at Shining Light Prenatal while there check out classes for mothers and children to enjoy after the newborn stage. I wish all of the new moms and dads much happiness with their newborn babies! -Laura
Birth is a natural, normal process which is truly a transformational point in a woman’s life. This course will prepare you for a safe, healthy birth using the Lamaze® Healthy Birth Practices and the principles and breathing techniques of Yoga.
Up-to-date medical evidence is merged with holistic, natural practices to prepare you and your partner – body, mind and spirit, for the challenges and joys of childbirth.
This course is appropriate for those giving birth at home, at a birth center or in a hospital.
Through Confident Birthing, Shining Light Prenatal Education gives our students the tools they need to make informed choices regarding their births and their babies. We understand there is no one “right” way to give birth; we honor and respect the choices our families make.
Course Topics Include:
- Normal labor, birth and early postpartum
- Positioning to facilitate the normal progress of labor and birth
- Massage techniques to ease the pain of labor and to enhance relaxation
- Comfort measures, such as hydrotherapy, the use of heat, cold and pressure
- Relaxation skills to use during labor and after pregnancy to relieve stress
- Labor support advice for the partner and the professional (doula)
- Communication skills between the pregnant woman and her partner, and with members of the healthcare team
- Problems that could occur during labor and birth
- Guidance for the pregnant woman to make informed decisions about anesthesia and medical procedures
- Breastfeeding and the early postpartum period
The Confident Birthing courses are offered in small group settings, with a maximum of 8 couples per course. Please register early to ensure a space for you and your partner. Ideally, this course should be completed by the end of your 36th week of pregnancy.
Please wear comfortable clothes in which you can move and bring 2 pillows to class.
- $245 (per couple)
- Save $25 on this class when you purchase a NOURISH your Pregnancy package.
- Some health insurance providers offer reimbursement for Childbirth Education classes. If yours does, please bring the form to class and it can be signed and validated.
- This class is either four Wednesday evenings from 6:00-9:00 pm OR two Saturday afternoons from 1:00-6:00 pm