from Natalie, the Jewelry Lady
Are you overwhelmed about deciding what to wear to your upcoming photoshoot?
I hear that all the time! I enjoy dressing my family for photoshoots but I realize that I am outside the norm! Last week I was at a Premier Designs Jewelry open house where my friend, Natalie gave my mom and I great tips! Natalie is a mama of five, lives in a beautiful farmhouse in the Bethel Park area and likes to help women elevate their look. I asked if she'd share tips with readers on the blog.
Begin with a simple 1-2-3!
1. Start with staples | classic tops, tanks, solid dress, neutral colors.
Great colors for tops: white, ivory, blush, gray, tan, black Great colors for bottoms: white, denim, gray, tan, navy, black
2. Add fashion |accent with trending colors, prints and textures (jean jacket, scarf, bomber jacket, kimona)
Great accent colors: red, cadet blue, violet, orchid, lime, jade, lavender, peach, chili, yellow
Great accent patterns and textures: polka dots, stripes, plaid and checks, florals, fringe, blazers, bubble sleeves
3. Complete the Look | the right accessories will be game changer for your closet. Your style is in the details, with jewelry.
Six Additional Tips:
1. Create an Impact Zone | Always wear earrings! They draw attention to your face! Larger earrings can take #10 pounds off your appearance!
2. Make a Vertical Line |Wear a long necklace to create a slenderizing vertical line!
3. Bangles are Classics! | Wear three quarter length sleeves or push long sleeves up and wear classic bangles. This pulls attention to the thinnest part of your body! Plus bangles are a classic, they never go out of style!
4. Match Shoes to your Hemline | For instance, if you wear black plants or a black skirt, you should wear black shoes. If you wear a black top and white pants, don't wear black shoes, wear white ones. Shoes should always match the bottom, not the top.
5. Elongate your Neck. | Try wearing a slim V- neck or leave a few open buttons to show off your clavicle to elongate your neck.
6. Appear taller and thiner. | Did you know a V-shaped necklace is the most complimentary? It gives you an hourglass shape and makes you appear taller and thinner.
Did you know that accessories can give your style a name? Popular styles include: classic, natural, boho (bohemian) and dramatic. Your accessories define your personal style!
Do you have an outfit but need the right jewelry to complement it?
Did you know you can have a FREE closet consult with Natalie, the Jewelry Lady? Ask how! www.premierdesigns.com/Shiff
Laura Mares is an experienced photographer specializing in capturing timeless family keepsakes. Laura works on location and in her fully equipped home studio, located in Mt. Lebanon, eight miles south of Pittsburgh, PA. Laura’s style is creative, natural, and timeless. Would you like beautiful portraits of your newborn baby, to update your child and family portraits or to document a milestone in your life such as a wedding, graduation, birthday or reunion? If you are interested in high quality, timeless photographs, book your session today. To view a wide range of gorgeous portraits and to get great tips, advice and beautiful inspiration follow along on Instagram and Facebook.